For my non-Romanian friends, a very brief summary of what’s happening, and why we need to be out in the streets every day. For my Romanian friends – I know I have missed a lot of the subtle points, I’m trying to keep it short.
1. Majority governing party leader (a hateful crook called Liviu Dragnea) is not Prime Minister because he has previous convictions and it’s not allowed.
2. He installed a puppet (an illiterate, embarrassingly stupid one) as P.M (Google ‘Viorica Dancila’).
3. Dragnea effectively runs the entire show, like a dictator, with the P.M. being nothing more than a laughing stock.
4. A couple of weeks ago, Dragnea was sentenced to 3 years, 6 months in jail.
5. Yesterday parliament voted to change the laws so the things he’s sentenced for are no longer illegal.
6. If this gets approved, Dragnea will become:
– Technically innocent in the eyes of the law
– Prime Minister
7. When that happens, we will definitely need another revolution, or I’m outta here.